Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week 6 - You Tube and Google Video

I found this is very interesting. I spent some time discovering You Tube and Google Video. I had heard of You Tube but had not ever ventured into this technology before. I enjoyed looking at Lego and watched the humorous version of the Lego Beer Song and Lego Beatles songs. I explored the libraries use of videos for staff training and promoting reference help. The Art Express 2007 featuring the HSC Art of 2006 exhibition was particularly interesting as my twins did their HSC Art that year. Marika's work was selected for Art Express. This is another form for recording special events at your library like poetry readings and book launches. It could also be useful for oral history interviews especially if people have interesting or unusual objects to show. It gives more animation than just photographs. In keeping with my Seascapes theme I am going to try to embed a video I found in Google Video on lighthouses in very stormy weather (a 3 minute You Tube Video). I really like the background music which accompanies the surging waves crashing against all the lighthouses pictured.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

It really is amazing what you can find in YOuTube. I continue to be surprised.

Ellen (PLS)

Vicki said...

The pictures you have found for your blog are amazing!