Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 7 (cont.) - Technorati and LibraryThing

I explored Technorati and did the discovery exercises with the word bookmobile. I had 237 hits in the keyword search field, 1,267 with the advanced search (all languages) and 891 when using the English language. When searching nswpln2008 I had 5 results and 8 results using different search fields. It did not pick up any Flickr images even though I tried many search paths. I feel I must have just been lucky with the bookmobile search. I explored LibraryThing and had an enjoyable search around this site. It is very interesting and I will have to come back to this site again later. I created an account and added 9 books I have read over the years and some I wish to read later that are related to my Seascape theme.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you had an interesting time.

Ellen (PLS)