Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 10 - Mashups

I was really amazed at the variety of applications available with mashups. I used a Marine Parks of NSW photo of Montague Island Lighthouse for my discovery exercise with Big huge labs. I think the site Big huge labs is great especially the jigsaw puzzle application. This has much potential for using with family gifts for children. Libraries could also have this as a children's activity fundraiser. Other library applications from this site for money making ventures include library calendars, note cards, bookmarks, posters and local area maps for visitors to the area. When completing the mashup exercise I did the mashup with no problems but had difficulty saving it to my blog. It eventually worked after trying many approaches. Other mashups found were Google maps mania. I liked the Sydney sidetracks, Google maps story collage and the Aboriginal art center.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the lighthouse jigsaw!

Alba said...

I too love the jigsaw. Well done on mastering the mashups