Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 11 - Online applications and tools

I was surprised at the variety of free online application tools available. I did not no any of this existed. This could be very useful for patrons who may only want to use the tool application for a limited or one off usage as to purchase soft ware is very expensive. I wish I had known about these tools before my daughters started uni. I like the possibility of sharing documents with colleagues and being able to access these documents where ever you are. This would be very useful for students at school or uni when putting together presentations. This could also be the case for various library staff writing up presentations or putting together annual reports. For my exercise task I wrote a very short article on Australian lighthouse history. I wrote about the Macquarie Lighthouse which was the first lighthouse built at South Head in Sydney and about the Montague Island Lighthouse. This was shared with nswpln@gmail.com as requested. I also set up a Zoho account which was a more detailed and comprehensive tool and composed a short piece on my collecting of Australian children's authors. I liked the simple straight forward approach to these tools.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It is amazing what is available - and how easy it can be to use.

Ellen (PLS)